You are driving your car, and suddenly the check engine light is on. That’s always a deer-in-a-headlight moment, particularly those who have no knowledge about engines. The first thing you do it to pull over, then call Kar Kare Express for a complete auto sensor diagnostics service. Do not ever attempt to push your car past breaking point because you will cause more harm to the engine.
Why Does the Engine Light Indicator Turn On?
That’s just the problem. There’s a myriad of reasons why your check engine light indicator will light up. You can consider yourself fortunate if the problem is just the gas cap that wasn’t closed properly. But there are several factors, some of which are listed below:
- Your alternator might not be charging, which means that your car will run for just a few miles before your engine totally dies. Turn off your air-conditioner and all the lights then turn off your car before calling the mechanic.
- Defective oxygen sensor, which means that your fuel efficiency is affected. Another byproduct is the harmful emissions your car is producing which is harmful to the environment.
- Your vacuum hose may be leaking, which could cause damage to your fuel injection system. You can probably notice this when you have trouble accelerating or your engine gasps and splutters.
- Your mass air flow filter may not be functioning efficiently. This measures the amount of air that passes through your engine.
- Defective spark plug, and you know what that means, your car’s engine will stop running. Your spark plug is also directly connected to your catalytic converter, which is an expensive repair. Auto sensor diagnostics will help determine if your spark plug needs changing.
- Speaking of catalytic converter, it’s time to bring that car to us if our modern diagnostics sensors determine that it’s the source of the check engine light. It can lead to a host of other problems if not corrected immediately.
Avoid False Reading
We are aware of a lot of tutorials on the Internet that supposedly helps motorists self-diagnose their vehicles. We generally don’t recommend that you do this, especially if you have no basic foundation about the mechanical and electrical aspects of the engine.
What we are trying to prevent is a false reading. A complete auto sensor diagnostics serving near and around Carrollton, TX will pinpoint the underlying causes of the check engine light. Replacing the spark plug might turn off the indicator, but what happens could be false positive. You are only addressing the surface, when there’s a bigger problem underneath that you haven’t seen.
We have a high tech machine that can comb through your car’s whole system and find the most smallest of glitches. Our expert technicians are also well-trained not just to read the sensors, but also to work on all types of engines.
Visit our shop now for complete auto sensor diagnostics. We give a free estimate of what it will cost you at no obligation on your part. Our friendly personnel can answer all your questions regarding this process.