If you're an automobile owner, then no doubt you rely on your automobile day in and day out. It's a valuable asset that you've probably got a lot of money tied up in. You need it to get you back and forth to work, so this is one investment that you'll want to take care of. Here are some things you need to make sure you're on top of for the duration of ownership of your vehicle.
- Cooling Systems. In older vehicles, the cast-iron engines cold overheat with no serious repercussions. Not so with today's blocks and heads that is made from aluminium. The coolant needs to be flushed and changed regularly in order to prevent corrosion and scale build-up in the water pump, heater core and radiator.
- Oil Changes. You should be changing your motor oil regularly to ensure long engine life by cutting down on friction and wear, and to help prevent the build-up of sludge. Consider an auto lube and oil change in Carrollton TX to help ensure the life of your engine.
- The Filters. Your car's air filter is a crucial component in helping to protect the engine from particles and dirt. Once the air filter is clogged, however, it hinders performance and can hurt your car's fuel economy. Your car's carbon canister filter and fuel filters should also be checked and changed out on a regular basis.
- Timing Belt. Many cars are made with a timing chain that coordinates the camshaft and crankshaft, and most last the entire lifetime of the vehicle. But timing belts have a shorter service life and just a few thousand miles past the recommended change interval can do your car arm. If you have a broken timing belt, you may wind up with a broken engine.
- The Outside Finish. A coat of wax is more than just helping your car look good, it can help prevent your car from rusting, help repel dirt and debris and keep the paint in good condition, so be sure to wax the car every so often.
There is no doubt that a little preventive care can go a long way in getting the most out of your automobile. Call on professionals at auto lube and oil change in Carrollton TX for all of your preventative care needs.